The Grain Train and Crosshatch have partnered to support the local food and farm economy by providing micro-loans for farmers and food entrepreneurs.
Check back for information on the 2018 Micro Loan.
WHO CAN APPLY
This project aims to enhance an existing local food or farming venture or to help start a new one within the counties of Antrim, Charlevoix, Cheboygan, Emmet and Otsego. The ideal candidate will propose an idea that would boost a farm or food business and elevate the region’s local food system. Applicants using sustainable practices are strongly encouraged, but proposals are not limited to particular practices or scale.
USES FOR LOAN
- essential tools for the farm or food business
- materials, land, livestock, or infrastructure essential to the operation
- marketing and distribution
- professional development
- value-added product production
- processing, packaging, marketing for farm products
- $500 - $6,000
- repayment over 18 months
- 2.5% interest rate
- no application fee
FOR MORE INFORMATION
Contact Jen Schaap at (231) 622-5252 or firstname.lastname@example.org.