Now Hiring /// Development Coordinator
Crosshatch is a small nonprofit in Northwest Lower Michigan dedicated to building strong communities through the intersections of art, farming, ecology and economy. We are seeking a Development Coordinator with strong skills in donor development and grant writing.
The Development Coordinator will refine and implement a fund development strategy that includes mail campaigns, special events, sponsorships, and grants of many kinds. You will also provide technical and research support for major donor relationship development, and manage a portfolio of donors. You will enjoy close support from the staff and board of Crosshatch, and report directly to the co-directors.
Hours and Location
40 hours/week including some evening and weekend work. You will primarily telecommute (as do all Crosshatch staff) with a high level of autonomy and equally high levels of expectation. We are based in Northwest Lower Michigan—our service area runs the coasts from Manistee to Mackinac, with major areas of impact centered in Bellaire, Traverse City and Petoskey. You may live anywhere in this region, though a central location is advantageous. Travel (with your own car) throughout the region is a regular requirement of the position (mileage is reimbursed). Similarly, excellent telecommuting skills are required, including texting, email, phone, Glip, social media and other internet communication technologies.
Donor Relationship Development
- Implement and improve two key annual giving activities: a year-end letter and spring matching gift campaign. The Development Coordinator will craft timelines and strategies, and will implement the day-to-day logistics of the campaign.
- Prospect, steward, and engage new donors.
- Manage a portfolio of major donors.
- Record and send tax receipt for all gifts.
- Work with Crosshatch staff to integrate special events into a larger fund development strategy.
- Plan and implement future capital campaigns.
- Build an annual report and other specific program reports as needed.
- Manage Salesforce, tracking all donations, sponsorships, and address changes for contacts; run reports for staff and board as needed.
Grant Writing and Management
- Write 15-20 grants per year, including both one page requests to family foundations and complex federal grants. The Development Coordinator will also write letters of inquiry to granting organizations.
- Manage and report on grants received.
Sponsorships and Corporate Support
Secure sponsorships for all Crosshatch events, prospect new leads, and maintain current relationships.
- Attend board meetings as needed, and provide reports and evaluations of development efforts.
- Engage in ocasional professional development opportunities (i.e., conferences and workshops, locally or afar).
- Demonstrated capacity in raising funds through both grant writing and individual gifts.
- A working knowledge of the partners, donors and influencers in our region.
- An understanding of the major themes in sustainable agriculture, environmental concern and the arts at a local, state and national level.
- Excellent writing skills.
- Skilled in building and following budgets.
- Ability to rapidly adapt to change, innovate, go with the flow, simplify and discover practical solutions to hard problems.
- Flawless attention to detail and impeccable personal organization skills.
- Exceptional verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Self-motivated and professional demeanor.
- Expertise in Salesforce, Google Drive, MS Office and/or iWork, email, Mac OS
Compensation and benefits
Salary is dependent on applicant’s experience. Benefits also include flexible work schedules, ample paid time off and retirement plan. We are working toward offering partial health care coverage beginning in July 2018.
Crosshatch is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We committed to creating an inclusive and safe environment for all employees. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Interested folks should submit an application here.
This position will remain open until filled by the right person.
Questions regarding this position should be directed to Amanda Kik, email@example.com.