Crosshatch is working with Bay Area Recycling for Charities to turn food scraps and yard waste into fertile soil.
Composting at crosshatch
If you have compost materials for us, please contact Amanda Kik at (231) 622-5252 or firstname.lastname@example.org to make an appointment.
what goes in the compost?
- anything organic (plant or animal based)
- all food waste (including meat, fish, poultry and dairy)
- food scraps (fruit, veggies, bread, eggshells, coffee filters, coffee grounds)
- uncoated paper (soiled paper, paper towels, waxed paper, paper plates)
- yard waste (leaves, pumpkins, christmas trees, wood chips)
- compostable serviceware (utensils, plates, cups, etc. made from 100% plant based plastic)
- branches/brush (keep theese separate so we can run them through a chipper)
- grass clippings treated with chemical fertilizer, pesticides, fungicides or herbicides
- vegetable oil
- cloth products
- plastic (including plastic lined paper cartons)
- medical waste/medication
- bathroom waste/personal hygiene products
- pet waste